Sunday, March 27, 2011

Plans for the Day

Maine Maple Sunday! This should be a great homeschool, nature study field trip day. So I have a plan. We will go with my dad to an outer lying town to visit a farm that does sugaring. It shouldn't be too crowded - I hate crowds. My dad comes up with a place a little closer to home, so we decide to check it out. There is nothing going on. Hhmmm....draw back and punt...the place in town. So NOT part of my plan. I'm sure it will be crazy busy. It was, but we had a great time. There was sap being boiled, tomahak throwing, taffy pulling, and a museum.

This was NOT my plan. I had my own plan. Seeing tapped trees, hearing about sap running, being collected, boiled down.

God's plan was, infinitely better. I ran into a family member I haven't seen in awhile. Made two great homeschool connections for the summer. Mattmann had a great time! Better than he would have had if the day had gone according to my plan.

Of course, then there was the matter of the store. I just wanted to stop at the little local market on the way home. Dad needed to go to the big grocery store, which is located in close proximity to our outing. It makes the most sense. So I ended up there...and running into two more homeschool folks we know and love. Again, God's plan not mine.

We plan. God laughs. The thing is that I just don't know how to NOT plan things. It's what I'm good at. Guess someone has to provide the comic relief!

Do you have an recent events where you planned, and God had different ideas? Were His plans infinitely better? Want to share them? Leave me a comment.

Blessings,
MaggieRaye

No comments:

Post a Comment