Thursday, June 9, 2011

Apologies

I was thinking this morning about how rarely I post here. There is a reason. I just can't find my soapbox or enthusiasm! I spent several years crying out about how churches and Christians were failing single moms. I spent that time trying to give single mom's resources and encourage them to hang in there!

I still think that single moms being at home and homeschooling is critical. However, with one graduated and just a boy left at home, my focus has had to shift, a lot. The Lord has lead our lives in a new and interesting direction. So, if you'd like to continue to see what is going on with us, I have a new blog, one that shares the direction we're headed in. It's been a little over a year since the Lord shifted our direction and I'm constantly amazed at what He is doing!

www.maggierayesnaturespot.blogspot.com

I will say that He continues to provide for us in amazing ways. This week is a "skinny" week in our house. We have one of those every month. There is food in the house, but just about enough to get by. A friend, who I believe had no idea, called and said they'd been given something and would we like part of it. The food gift that they shared, turned our skinny week into a normal one, by His grace and for His glory. I'm so very grateful that even when I doubt and want to give up, He is faithful.

Blessings, MaggieRaye

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it's so nice to find a single Christian mom who homeschools--I'm one, too. You're so right that it's hard to find my niche among Christians. Just because I'm a single mom, it doesn't mean I don't believe in God's idea of marriage! Could you direct me to more blogs or resources for single Christian moms? I'd love to know where to find more related posts on you blog, too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I read your post on Gleaning the Harvest and was directed to your blog. Reading this post was like reading my own thoughts, God's calling on my life. Even your change of direction to being closer to the land has been part of my journey also. I know the Lord brought me to your post to introduce me to you -- a kindred spirit.

    I am praying that the Lord will do an impossible work through me to provide for single homeschooling moms. My vision is an organic health and wellness center/ranch where moms can live, work, continue to homeschool and be provided for by the business of the ranch. It would also bless the community with Christian naturopathic health and spiritual healing ministries. I am also praying that the Lord will raise up godly men who will call the church and especially church leadership to repentance in its care and provision for grace widows.

    Contact me if you feel led by the Lord.

    Elspeth Maurya shilohlightmountain@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete